American Society of Composers Authors and Publishers, Arts and Entertainment, Ascap, ASCAP EXPO, Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Chicago Artists, Chicago Event, Chicago Talent, Chicago Talent News, Clipse, Copyright Music, Dallas, Entertainment, hip-hop, Houston, iStandard Pro, Kanye West, Los Angeles, Miami, music business, Music Industry, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Platinum Voice PR, Platinum Voice Pr Blog, Pop, R&B, Rapper, Rappers, San Francisco, Showcase Submissions, Snoop Dogg, twitter, Washington DC, YouTube
It’s Your Gyrl, Ms Carmen aka Platinum Voice PR bringing another opportunity to you!
First, Become a member of ASCAP and reap the benefits of being a member!
Secondly, Submit your music for a chance of a lifetime!
For the fourth straight year, ASCAP is excited to announce the ASCAP EXPO iStandard Producer and Rapper Showcase. This event has been specifically for producers in the Hip-Hop, Pop, R&B and Dance realm as well as Rappers to showcase their talents.Submissions are now open (through April 5, 2012 at 11:59PM EST!
The iStandard Producer Showcase is the premier national music producer specific event, spotlighting aspiring hit-makers in front of a panel of prominent music industry tastemakers. The ASCAP EXPO iStandard Producer Showcase will occur at the EXPO on Thursday, April 19, 2012 in the evening.
PRODUCERS – If you make tracks (or beats), then this is an opportunity for you. Eight EXPO attendees, who submit tracks, will be selected to play tracks at the showcase. Those selected and all of the other EXPO attendees in the audience will receive valuable constructive criticism and build relationships with contacts that can assist them in getting ahead in their careers.
RAPPERS – We have not forgotten about you, MCs!
We understand the producer and rapper go hand in hand in Hip-Hop, so the ASCAP EXPO iStandard Producer Showcase will feature two rap performances during the show!
The iStandard Producer Showcase has been held in 12 major US cities over the past 7 years, starting in New York and branching out to Philadelphia, Chicago, Miami, Phoenix, Atlanta, Boston, Washington DC, Houston, Dallas, San Francisco, and Los Angeles. Producers that have been a part of the iStandard Producer Showcase have had placements with artists such as Kanye West, 50 Cent, Beyonce, Diddy, Snoop Dogg, Fabolous, Jill Scott, The Clipse, and more.
The ASCAP EXPO iStandard Producer and Rap Showcase promises to up the ante for Hip-Hop, R&B, Pop and Dance production for 2012 and beyond. Even if you aren’t selected to be on the showcase, the ASCAP EXPO iStandard Producer Showcase will be a must attend event for networking, hearing real feedback and finding the next super producer!
Submission Guidelines and Details
- You must be registered to attend the ASCAP EXPO in order to submit. You will be asked to enter your ASCAP EXPO Registration Number from your confirmation email or letter.
- Submissions are online only via the iStandard Producers website.
- PRODUCERS: Submit two tracks in mp3 form, each may be up to 10 MB and should not be more than two minutes. Tracks should be instrumentals or instrumentals with chorus “hooks” in Hip-Hop, Pop, R&B, Electronic, and Dance genres. No Full Songs! The Track submitted must be an original work created by you.
- ARTISTS/RAPPERS: Submit a link to a video (such as on YouTube) of one of your live performances. The song submitted must be written or co-written by you.
- The submission process will close on April 5, 2012 at 11:59PM EST. Late submissions will not be accepted.
- Those selected to be on the showcase will be notified by iStandard prior to the EXPO via e-mail. Entrants should not contact ASCAP or iStandard to see if they have been selected.
- You must agree to all Official Rules, Terms and Conditions. Any false information will result in automatic disqualification.
Registration for the 2012 ASCAP “I Create Music” EXPO is open.
Follow me on Twitter!
(PlatinumVoice PR is the source for the events and has no legal bindings with associated parties)