It’s Your Gyrl, Ms. Carmen aka Platinum Voice PR bringing another relevant topic to you!
I’ve come in contact with several artists that consistently try to cut corners for promotional purposes. Voila, I found an article on the internet that explains the do’s and don’ts when submitting your music to a blogger. Enjoy!
Before You Submit Music To A Blog (2 questions you should ask yourself)
Blogs are a great way to get exposure ; bloggers are always looking for new music to feature.
With 100′s of new artist trying to break into the music world how come only a handful get selected for features?
Check out some of these tips that might help you get your music featured on blogs more often.
Is your song/project even ready to be submitted?
A song that is ready for submission
– Mastered in decent quality
– Detailed cover artwork
– Streaming & Download link (Blogs love Soundcloud & Hulkshare)
Is the email submitted correctly?
– Always use BBC when sending the same email to different blogs
– Most blogs hate attachments (Soundcloud gives the blogger a chance to listen before they download so it is probably the best way to submit.)
– Don’t try to suck up just submit your music , bloggers hate the fake small talk approach
– Don’t Submit with the extra two cents , emailing blogger saying “this is the best song you will ever hear” is unnecessary they will be the judge of that.
If you applied these guidelines and your music didn’t get posted it’s not the end of the world. Blogs are a great medium but they are not the only way to gain new fans and listeners.
You never know where I may be bringing you the events of Chicago, so make sure you follow this blog and Follow me on Twitter, @PlatinumVoicePR! If you need your name and craft to buzz out here, go to http://www.platinumvoicepr.com. Until next time, See ya later Babies!
(PlatinumVoicePR is the source for the events and has no legal bindings with associated parties)
(Music Videos and Links are for promotional use only)